Summer Wilderness Adventures
- Day hikes in the high alpine using our 4x4s for the ascent.
- Whitewater rafting trips and scenic floats past the ranch.
- A day on a wilderness lake in a Zodiac power boats or kayak.
- Interpretive riverside nature walks in an old-growth forest.
- Optionally book a day heli-hiking or heli-fishing. Larger families and groups can book the whole lodge.
- Barbeques by the river, evenings around the riverside campfire.
- A scenic day’s drive from Calgary, Vancouver or Banff.
Into the high country
On one or more of your days with us we will head into the high alpine. We use our 4x4s for the ascents and then hike the high country at 8,000 feet or above taking in the spectacular views.
These hikes are suitable for anyone of average or greater fitness with basic agility.
Rafting down a blue-green river
On another day we will take you rafting down the wilderness river that runs right past the ranch.
This river is one of the most remote and beautiful in British Columbia.
We put in several miles north of the ranch.
Parts of the river are quiet and meandering but there are also sections of rapids which we can run with the more intrepid.
A day on a deserted lake
On our four and seven-night holidays we may also head out onto a local lake in one of our Zodiac powerboats or in lake kayaks.
This gives us a chance to take in the scenery, discover hidden coves, or swim from deserted beaches. A spot of light fishing is usually an option.
We have a choice of lakes within half an hour’s easy drive of the ranch.
A typical day
We offer early morning tea and coffee in your cabin and then breakfast in the lodge.
After breakfast we head out for the day, returning to the ranch in the late afternoon.
Lunch is a picnic of home-made sandwiches, fruit and cookies that we take along on our day tour.
Dinner may be a sit-down affair where we serve fine freshly-cooked local food and the best of British Columbia’s beer and wine in the main house.
Or, if the weather is sunny, we may barbeque and eat by the river.
Your summer holiday
- One or more day hikes in the high alpine.
- A day’s rafting trip down our beautiful wilderness river.
- A day on one of our Zodiacs on a remote lake, or a day spent lake kayaking.
- Meals in the main lodge with occasional barbeques by the river.
- We also offer heli-hiking and heli-fishing trips by prior arrangement.
Pricing & Availability
A wilderness holiday with us cost from C$445 per person per night. This price includes all meals, accommodation and guided tours, and is based on double occupancy. We also offer larger families the option of booking the entire ranch. Please contact us for more details.
Quite simply, this has been the best holiday our family has ever had. Every aspect of our stay in this little piece of eco-heaven deserves genuine praise in the superlative. We have never felt moved to write a review about a holiday before, but this one was so outstanding, that it just had to be recognised. With our two teenage daughters, we spent six idyllic days kayaking on and swimming in crystal clear lakes, hiking both in high alpine meadows and over glaciers, working as a team to negotiate the aptly named “Rapido del Muerto” in a thrilling rafting trip and experiencing some truly amazing wildlife viewing. We saw five bears in one day, as well as bald eagles, osprey, turtles, mule deers and coyotes. We ate thimbleberries, walked inside 1000 year old cedars and were introduced to wild and whacky flora and fauna such as the “indian paintbrush” flower, “hippy on a stick”and “old man’s beard”.” Jim & Lizzie, UK.